The SASSA reference number is a unique identifier assigned to your SASSA application. When you apply for a SASSA grant, SASSA assigns a unique number to your application. It is written on the receipt form when you apply in–person, and you also receive it on your phone number or email while applying online.
This reference number is also referred to as the application ID. It is used to track your application progress and all the other issues related to SASSA grants, such as for SASSA reapplication, at the time of appealing your declined SRD grant, changing your grant contact details, and updating your banking details.
It’s important to keep your it safe. But if you have forgotten or lost your SASSA reference number and need it to handle any issue related to your grant, then no need to be worried. SASSA provides ways to recover your it. I’ll explain in this article how you can recover your it with only a few clicks! Keep reading.
How to recover your Lost SASSA Reference Number
There are four handy ways to recover your lost SASSA application number. You can recover it just with a few clicks. I will describe each method in detail below:
Recover Your Lost SASSA R350 Reference Number Online Via Status Check
The most convenient way to check your SASSA form reference number online is by doing the status check on SGSC or the SASSA website. Please follow the below steps:
- Visit the SGSC or SASSA official website via the link: https://srd.sassa.gov.za/sc19/status
- Provide your South African ID card number and phone number.
- Click the “submit” button.
- Your SASSA application reference number will be displayed on the screen at the top with your other application details.
That’s it! You got your application number back just with a few clicks.
Check Your SASSA SRD R350 Application ID Via WhatsApp
The other quick way is through WhatsApp. Please follow these steps to get your SASSA application ID:
- Save the SASSA WhatsApp Number 082 046 8553 to your phone contact list.
- Type the message “Status” and send it to that WhatsApp number.
- You will receive an automated reply from SASSA. Reply “Yes” to that message.
- Follow the rest of the prompts and provide your other information if asked.
- That’s all. Now, You will get your SASSA reference number.
So, you see how easy it is to get your application ID back just with a few clicks by using WhatsApp.
Get Your SASSA R350 Reference Number Via USSD
You can also get your application ID for the SRD R350 grant by the USSD method. Just follow the simple steps below:
- Dial the USSD code *120*3210# from your cell phone.
- A prompt will be displayed on your mobile screen asking for your ID number.
- Provide your South African ID Card number.
- Then, in the other prompt, provide the phone number you used to apply for your SASSA application.
- Now, your SASSA reference number will be displayed on your screen.
Note: Please keep in mind that you need to dial the USSD code from the phone number you used to submit your SASSA application. If you use any other number, you won’t get your application ID.
Find Your SASSA Application ID Via Voice Call
If you don’t like the ways to get your forgotten application ID via the above methods and want human interaction for satisfaction. Then you can get your it via calling the SASSA call center helpline. Please follow the below steps:
- Dial the SASSA toll-free number 0800 60 10 11
- You will receive an auto call center response. Now press 1.
- Now, you will be connected with a SASSA human agent.
- Ask them that you need your application ID.
- They will verify your identity by asking for your ID Card and phone number.
- After verification, they will provide you with your SASSA application reference number.
Although this is also an easy method, I prefer the other methods to check online and USSD code. You may have to wait for a while before connecting to a SASSA agent as there are hundreds of calls going on, and they will respond to you once they are free.
What is the Example of SASSA Reference Number?
You may be wondering how I know what my exact application ID looks like. I’ll give you an example, so you can identify it easily.
Example of Reference Number: “555 6644 STATUS”
What to do After I Get My Reference Number?
Once you get your reference number, write it down and keep it in a safe place, as you often need it for your SASSA grant queries and issues. Please make sure this time you don’t forget or lose the number and can access it quickly anytime you need it.
What is the Difference Between SASSA Application ID and Reference Number?
SASSA application ID and reference number are the same, but often, the terms are used interchangeably. So, whenever SASSA asks you about either one of them, don’t be confused; they are the same.
Now, you are clear that the application ID and reference number are the same in terms of SASSA. You also know all the methods to recover it if you lost or forgotten. You can use any method that is suitable for you. Just make sure to follow the steps correctly to get your application ID successfully. The application ID will help in all your SASSA grant queries and issues to ensure a smooth process while interacting with SASSA.
What is a SASSA Reference Number and why is it important?
A SASSA Reference Number is a unique identifier assigned to your SASSA grant application, also known as the application ID. It plays an important role in tracking your application progress and managing various issues related to your SASSA grant.